Renovate America, Inc. ("RA") is dedicated to protecting the privacy of your information. This privacy statement covers any non-public private information that you provide Renovate America during a visit
- We Limit the Sharing of Your Personal Information:
- We do not share the personal information of visitors to the RA Website with third parties.
- However, if you are involved in an assessment transaction, we do share your information with service providers to complete that transaction or any bond financing associated with that transaction.
- We also share the information of contractors who apply to register with RA for one or more HERO Program(s) as follows:
- During the contractor registration process, we will automatically submit a request for license information to the Contractors State License Board (CSLB). Information submitted to the CSLB may include the CSLB license number, name, and address. (If requested, RA may also provide the HERO Program for which you applied.)
- For contractors who have registered with one or more HERO Program(s), we will share your information as follows:
- Confirm registration with the HERO Program upon inquiry;
- On any Completion Certificate Form(s) requested by you or your client(s), the Form will list your CSLB number, HERO Program Contractor ID number, company name, phone number and mailing address.
- For contractors who HAVE attended a HERO Program orientation and are listed on a HERO Program website, in addition to the above, we will share your company name, CSLB number and license classifications, contact information you provided (phone number, email address, and/or website address), company address, and company overview you submitted.
- We do not sell or share your information with third party marketers.
- We Send You Communications:
- During the process as necessary to complete the assessment application and transaction in response to inquiries; and
- To assist you with contractors, service providers and products that may be relevant to your energy efficiency, water efficiency or renewable energy project.
- We Protect Contractor Registration Information:
- By using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any personal information transmitted to or from RA during the registration process or through the Contractor Portal;
- By limiting access to your personal information to only those authorized parties that have a "need to know;" and
- Please review our full policy below for more details.
as a contractor with one or more HERO Programs. RA Website use is intended for U.S. Residents over 18 years of age. Please be aware that other websites that you may access through our site may collect personally identifiable
HOW DOES THE RA WEBSITE COLLECT AND USE MY INFORMATION? The RA Website may collect and use your personal information to respond to your requests about a HERO Program or to provide you with information about products
or services that may be of value to you. Certain personal information RA or the RA Website collects about you may be publicly available via government records, telephone books, and other widely available media (i.e. the Internet).
However, we treat all information you provide to us as non-public.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE: The RA Website collects the personal information you provide when you:
- Search for a local HERO Program;
- Register as a contractor with one or more HERO Programs;
- Participate in a promotion or online survey; and
- Contact RA with a question or suggestion.
CONTACTING RENOVATE AMERICA: When you contact RA with a question or suggestion, we collect your name, email address, and telephone number. We only use personal information we collect to respond to and/or resolve your question or concern.
OPTIONAL INFORMATION: When accessing the RA Website, we may give you the option of submitting general information for purposes related to providing you with information about new energy efficiency or renewable energy products or services that may be of value to you.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION: We use technology to:
- Gather technical information from your Web browser (IP address, operation systems);
- Set persistent cookies on your computer; and
- Use "action tags" or invisible tracking "gifs" on our systems (to collect anonymous information about your navigation throughout the Program website).
We use this information for routine website maintenance; to establish that you are a unique user; and/or, for purposes of assessing the effectiveness of our website, products and services. If you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to access most of the RA Website.
If you do not elect this option, you will be required to re-enter your username and password each time you access your account. These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT: Renovate America does NOT use third party advertising companies to provide advertisements or allow third party advertisers to track your browsing activities on the RA Website for their own purposes.
DOES RENOVATE AMERICA SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES? Renovate America may share RA Website visitor personal information:
- With companies that perform services on our behalf—Examples: We sometimes use service providers to assist us with specific processes or functions such as distributing emails. Some of these processes may be performed by a service provider located overseas.
- As required by law—Examples: We may need to share your information with law enforcement, government agencies or others in response to a subpoena, state/federal audit. State records laws or other similar circumstances. The RA Website may link you to other companies'
websites that offer services that may be of interest to you. These companies do not obtain any specific information about you or your transaction on the Program website. You may also access the RA Website from another company's website. We may collect web traffic statistics from you and
other consumers' web browsers, and we may share this aggregated information with outside companies to assist them with assessing the effectiveness of their website content. No personal information is shared in this aggregated information.
In addition, Renovate America may share the personal information of a contractor who attempts to register or is registered with a HERO Program:
- With companies involved in the contractor registration or HERO Program assessment process—Examples: The CSLB and property owners who are your clients as part of a HERO Program are a necessary part of the HERO Program assessment approval process. Therefore, we must provide some of a contractor’s information to these entities or individuals in order to process requests for a HERO Program assessment. Also, wire transfer information may be shared with the company handling funding in order to pay contractors who choose to be paid in this manner. Additionally, Renovate America may purchase or sell bonds related to a HERO Program assessment and we may need to provide contractor name, address and CSLB information to bond investors.
HOW DOES THE RA WEBSITE SAFEGUARD MY PERSONAL INFORMATION? The RA Website uses a variety of security safeguards to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
For RA Website visitors, the RA Website utilizes standard security measures to protect submitted emails or zip code information provided during an RA Website session.
For contractors who register with a HERO Program, there are additional protections. Contractors will only be able to access information in the contractor’s account by submitting the username and password created during registration. We provide access to your personal information to HERO Program employees and other authorized parties on a "need to know" basis. The contractor registration and contractor portal pages of the RA Website also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any personal information transmitted to or from the RA Website during your session.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR PRIVACY RELATED ISSUES? You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Renovate America, Inc., 16935 W. Bernardo Drive, #150, San Diego, CA 92127.